Monday, May 3, 2010

Blog: Relate Theater to your major or minor


Theater can relate and take place in everyday situations that occur. I am currently in my second year of college majoring in Fashion Merchandising with a minor in Marketing. Since I have been practicing and learning more about theater every day, I am starting to see that it also relates to my career choice. I am learning that theater doesn’t just take a role on the stage it also takes part of our daily lives and choices.

My major Fashion Merchandising is a competitive career that is highly related with fashion all over the world. The audiences of this are career are fellow colleagues within a business and individuals all throughout the world. Your worker colleagues are the individuals who you present your fashion ideas to. Before getting approval whether the fashion should be taken to the next step, your colleagues are there as a helpful/support team. There are there to let you know what should be changed and what shouldn’t be. They give helpful factors and tips that will help get you to the next stage. The environment of the career of fashion merchandiser is earsplitting, rowdy, and fierce. There is always a lot occurring at a time, so that’s why fashion merchandisers need to stay on their feet at all times. The fashion that is shown at a fashion merchandising career is usually trendy and up to style. Many colors and creative patterns are presented throughout the day because of all of the fashion merchandiser’s ideas. When being a fashion merchandiser, you want to make sure you have a creative sense of style.

The second and main audience is the individuals around the world. These individuals are the most important to impress because they are the ones who will be buying fashion. When being a fashion merchandiser you main goal is to create a fashion style that impresses the audience. By impressing the audience, it will lead to high amounts of sales and them coming back to buy more. Fashion merchandiser need to make sure they expand their ideas and choose fashion styles that attract the audience. Not only does theater relate to my major, but it also relates to minor.

Before I had chosen to be a fashion merchandiser, I was in majoring in business Marketing. I have always been interested in marketing, but my only problem was I didn’t know what I wanted to market in. When trying to decide of all my possibilities, I thought of fashion marketing. I have always wanted to be in the fashion industry, but also marketing too. Since I wasn’t able to major in Marketing and minor in Fashion merchandising, I did the opposite. The audience of a fashion marketer career is the same as a fashion merchandiser expect a fashion marketer needs to grab individuals attention a great deal more. When being a fashion marketer, you want to be able to promote fashion that will create a center of attention for individuals. The fashion styles need to grab a hold of the audience when they are walking by a store, so that it draws them in. By drawing in the audience it will help persuade them to buy it more. The environment of a fashion marketer is full of details and coloring. When promoting a fashion style, a fashion marketer wants to make sure coloring, style, and lighting is completed just right. All coloring in the fashion needs to be bold and lively, so it stands out from the other fashion. The lighting is another important factor to have when presented fashion styles. All the lighting should be have an intense, radiant glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment