Monday, May 3, 2010

Blog: Relate Theater to your LIFE!

Theater takes place in everyone’s daily life roles whether they know it or not. As learning and becoming familiar more of what theater is, I am starting to understand how theater is taking place throughout my life. Throughout my daily life, I am connected with my friends, family, schooling, and hobbies. I am passionate about all of these things, but each one has a different role being played.

When working with school work, I tend to be more secluded in the setting of a library. I chose the library because the environment of the library is not noisy and peaceful. There isn’t an audience that is around me when I am working, just a few students who are also working on school work. I like to sit and work in an area where the lighting is kept at a low minimal. By having the lighting set low, it sets a mood that allows me to be able to concentrate on just my homework and only my homework. When my main focus of the day is to work on school work, I will just do comfortable attire. I tend to usually where sweatpants, sweatshirts, or a tee shirt. By keeping your attire comfortable, it will also make you feel comfortable as a person too. Besides my school work, my family also comes in for a skit to my daily life.

My family is consisted of a large group of people: my four sisters (Carissa, Sarah, Jera, and Alyssa), stepsister (Brooke), stepbrother (Ryan), Mom (Vicky), Dad (Doug), stepmom (Angel), stepdad (Ron), Nan (Fay), and Pap (Bob). These people are my audience to my daily life. I speak out to them whenever they need me for anything whether it’s talking on the phone or talking in person. As taking the role as a daughter, step daughter, granddaughter, and a sister I expect myself to open up to show them the real person I am. Being with these individuals, you learn to be yourself because there is much love between everyone. There are many settings that take place when I am with my family, but the main setting would be my grandparent’s house. My grandparent’s house is where I spent most of my life living and growing up, so when I step in it always feels like home sweet home. My family takes a huge role in my life, but my best friends also do as well.

My best friends are the audience of my daily life every day. I go to college with them, live with them, and spend every day together. My friends are almost just as close as my family and I are, just minus being related. When I am with my best friends the environment is carefree, fun, and full of laughter. Whenever either one of us are feeling down, we know how create moods to help change it. I feel that my best friends and I are very similar to one another, especially when it comes to our fashion sense. Fashion tells a story on the type of person you are, so whenever we plan on attending an activity we make sure we tell/show a story to others.

Not only do my family, friends, and schooling takes huge roles in my life, but my special interest of hobbies also comes into play. My favorite interested hobby is playing basketball. When I play basketball, the setting usually takes place at the YMCA basketball courts. I have been playing basketball since I was in second grade, so it has been considered one of my favorite hobbies for years. When I play basketball there is usually an audience of other individuals who come to watch, but there are also my team mates who help me perform. My fashion attire for basketball is consisted of basketball shoes, athletic shorts, and a tee shirt. When playing basketball, you want to make sure you are wear attire that is comfortable enough to run and to move around a lot. Communication and reading others is the main objective when playing basketball. You need to make sure you can work with your teammates in order to win success. If there is not communication then it is hard to work with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment